Terms & Conditions
- Bookings are valid only with receipt of the appropriate deposit and subsequent confirmation from Braeside House Ltd
- All monies are held in a Client Trust Account, which means your money is protected, in accordance with the EC Package Travel directive, until the holiday has been completed. Payments can only be accepted by bank transfer
- Any alterations or additions to your booking with Braeside House may be made in writing or by email. Braeside House reserves the right to make an administration charge in such circumstances.
- The law governing the contract between Braeside House Ltd and the person responsible for booking is the law governing England and Wales. The contract is deemed to have been made at Braeside Outdoor Education Centre, Bath Road, Devizes, SN10 2AP.
- Programs are subject to alteration for reasons of safety or inclement weather. We always provide a suitable replacement in such circumstances.
- If we have to make a major change to your educational trip, we will offer a suitable alternative if available, or 100% refund, if we are not able, in our opinion, to offer an alternative that is sufficiently comparable. Compensation will be paid as below if we have to make a major change to your educational trip within 8 weeks of educational trip commencement, unless the change is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to war, riot, civil commotion, act of God, industrial dispute, Government action, epidemic disease, adverse weather or natural disaster.56 to 29 days………………………… 10% of holiday price
28 to 15 days…………………………. 15% of holiday price
14 days or less……………………….. 25% of holiday price
- We reserve the right to terminate a child’s stay at any time in the interests of Braeside House Ltd, the other guests, or the child concerned. In such circumstances, any refund is at the discretion of the Directors.
- Any breakage deposits required by the centre are payable by the group leader. We also reserve the right to charge the parent/guardian for any damages/breakages that the child is deemed to have caused not as a result of an accident
- The person responsible for booking may cancel the educational trip prior to its commencement. Braeside House Ltd recommend taking out personal travel insurance as the following cancellation charges will be applied:More than 60 days before the commencement date: deposit only
59 to 29 days:…………………….. 40% of total holiday cost
28 to 1 day:………………………… 100% of total holiday cost
- If flights are booked by Braeside House Ltd on behalf of the group then these costs are non-refundable, unless otherwise stated at the time of booking.
- In the case of group bookings, all quotes and prices given by Braeside House Ltd are for an agreed number of participants and if that number should change then a new price will be calculated and all previous quotes and prices will become null and void.
- If Braeside House Ltd book coaches or other product or services for which the cost is spread between the group, these costs will be in addition to the booking cancellation fee.
- Braeside House Ltd carries all legally required insurance affecting its customers and employees. These include public liability protection to the value of £10 million.
- It is a condition of booking that parents must note on the booking form any activities or excursions they wish their child to be excluded from. Otherwise parental consent is assumed.
- Occasionally we may take photographs of children for promotional material. Please advise us if you have any objections to this activity. Permission will always be sought.
- Deposit of 20% of total due within 10 days of confirmation. In the case of Braeside House Ltd arranging travel, these costs will be added to the deposit amount.
- 2nd payment of 40% of total payable is due 5 months prior to travel.
- Final payment of the remainder of the total payable is due 1 month prior to departure.
- Where Braeside House Ltd are arranging flights, coaches or ferries for groups, we reserve the right to request payment for any such transport booked on our clients behalf within the initial deposit.
- Special payment arrangements can be organised if the above criteria cannot be met, only with the express approval of Braeside House Ltd.
- Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our staff, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, staff or local residents will be requested to leave the premises and will not be offered a refund. Guests are expected to respect other guests, staff, local residents and property. In the case of groups, the group leaders must ensure that all members of their group behave in an acceptable manor. Failure of any individual group member to do so will result in the expulsion of the whole group.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the premises. Any guest found smoking within the building will be asked to leave the premises immediately and will not be offered a refund. A smoking area and ashtrays are provided outside the building for guests who wish to smoke.
- Guests will be expected to reimburse Braeside House Ltd for any damages caused by inappropriate behaviour during their stay at any centre or guest family.
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions please phone Head Office on +44 (0) 1380 722637 or email email@example.com