Braeside Education Centre: Data Protection and Privacy Notice – General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
It’s simple. We need the information that you share with us to enable us to run our exciting activities, programmes and courses with your child and to satisfy our legal responsibilities. We will keep the data safe for as long as your child is participating in our courses and in accordance with data retention rules.
We promise that we will only share your information outside of Braeside Education Centre if;
- You ask us to
- The law requires us to do so
- In order to comply with our policies so that your child can enjoy an activity safely that either we deliver, or an approved/contracted provider delivers
- It’s in the public interest
Braeside Education Centre is the data controller meaning that we are the organisation that manages and looks after your data.
This Privacy Notice has been written to inform parents, teachers, schools and customers about Braeside Education Centre and details what we do with personal information. This notice may be subject to change as the Data Protection Bill progresses.
Braeside Education Centre is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4 (7) of GDPR meaning that we are the organisation that manage and control the data you supply to us. We have a responsibility to you and your personal data and will only collect and use this in ways which are compliant with data protection legislation.
What information do we collect?
The categories of information that we collect, hold and share include the following:
- Personal information of pupils and their parent/guardians, e.g. name, DOB and address
- Personal information of staff, visiting teachers, contractors or tutors, e.g. name, DOB and address
- Behavioural information supplied by schools or parents/guardians
- Safeguarding information
We will also process certain ‘special category’ data about customers and students including relevant dietary/medical information or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) information.
Please note that where the pupil has a severe allergy or is thought to be at risk of needing emergency care for a medical issue, or incident that takes place whilst involved in activities at Braeside Education Centre, then this will be shared with all the staff as needed. We do this in the form of a secure form in the staff office to ensure that all staff are aware of the issues should an emergency arise. Any additional records created, such as an incident form to document the first aid treatment given, is held securely and is available upon request.
Why do we collect your personal data?
We use the information we collect:
- To ensure that programmes are inclusive of the needs of all students
- To provide appropriate pastoral care
- To assess the quality of our services
Any personal data that we process about our pupils and parents is done so in accordance with Article 6 and Article 9 of GDPR and under relevant legislation – listed.
- Education Act 1944,1996, 2002
- Education and Adoption Act 2016
- Education (Information About Individual Pupils) (England) Regulations 2013
- Education (Pupil Information) (England) Regulations 2005
- Education and Skills Act 2008
- Children Act 1989, 2004
- Children and Families Act 2014
- Equality Act 2010
- Education (Special Educational Needs) Regulations 2001
Who do we obtain your information from?
Much of the information we process will be obtained directly from schools and young persons organisations in support of the educational visits and is therefore is gathered with the best interests of the school and of the students involved.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We routinely discuss student information with the schools and colleges that groups to Braeside Education Centre who have already provided said data to us in accordance with their data protection policy. We will not share any information about parents/guardians, teachers, students or young people without your consent unless we have a lawful basis for doing so.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Braeside Education Centre will keep your data in line with our Information Policy. Most of the information we process about you will be retained as determined by statutory obligations. Any personal information which we are not required by law to retain will only be kept for as long as is necessary to fulfil our organisational needs.
What rights do you have over your data?
Under GDPR parents/guardians/students have the following rights in relation to the processing of their personal data:
- To be informed about how we process your personal data. This notice fulfils this obligation
- To request access to your personal data that we hold, and be provided with a copy of it
- To request that your personal data is amended if inaccurate or incomplete
- To request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- To request that the processing of your personal data is restricted
- To object to your personal data being processed
If you have any concerns about the way we have handled your personal data or would like any further information, then please contact our centre.
Braeside Education Centre, Bath Road, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 2AP
01380 722 637, firstname.lastname@example.org
Braeside Education Centre is a trading name of Braeside House Ltd.
If we cannot resolve your concerns you may also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (the Data Protection Regulator) about the way in which the school has handled your personal data.
You can do so by contacting:
First Contact Team, Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, email@example.com, 03031 231113